PicKIT2_compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhanus

Greetings electro-tech-online community,
since till now I mostly only 'took' knowledge, slowly it's time to give it back.

So, I made a compilation of data needed to create functioning PicKit2, which was tested with:
PIC16F84A
PIC16F628
PIC16F628A
PIC16F88
PIC16F876
PIC16F876A
PIC16F877A
PIC18F2550
PIC18F4550

You'll find attachment(**broken link removed**), which contains 4 subfolders:

main: 1,2,3,4(.mht), where building and parts of scheme are described and pickit2.mht which is the same clone, but from another source. If both documents are read, failure should drop to zero.

firmware: In here it's PicKit2 firmware(PK2V023200.hex), it's practically irrelevant which version, because it will 'automatically' update when connected.

SCH_PCB: In here it's original scheme/PCB, and one modified by me for standard resistors and components, also another which have in title "LC_different"(skip this one, in my beautiful city you can't even buy standard components...)

Parts: BOM+some possible part changes in brackets, datasheets

Someone could ask, why bother when kits are widely available, but available where, definitely not here, so this post is for those who till now tortured them selfs with JDM, modified JDMs, P16PRO40 and excuse me on my expression, crap. It cost me 80% of time just to program anything!
NOT ANYMORE! Pickit2 clone works flawlessly, yes there are no 24LC512 EEPROMs, but who needs them and it can't program 3.3V parts.

You will have to program PIC18F2550 with PK2V023200.hex, I tried and tried with ART2003 programmer(LPT), don't bother, go to friend, colleague or college(uni).
I programmed mine with a beauty called PM3.
**broken link removed**

Needed files are:
PICkit2 User Guide.pdf
PICkit 2 software
which can be found on Microchip site:
**broken link removed**

Some pictures:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Well that's it, hope it will help and work, as it did for me.

P.S. Why I have original and a clone, let's just say it's a long and costly story...
Maybe it's not so small as original, but it's built with standard size components and that's the way I like it, so I can hold it in my hand or put it on the table and it doesn't wonder around, if one should go smd way, it could get 1/4 of original in size, surely.
Edit:
1. - added pictures as attachments
2. - added size comparison
3. - added .zip compilation as attachment thanks to AtomSoft

Attachments

• i230371_PA10002.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 323
  • i230372_PB90058.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 298
  • i230373_PB90066.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 303
  • i230374_PB90069.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 287
  • PB190070.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 282
  • PB190072.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 276
  • PicKit2Clone.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:
Please include files and pictures as attachments.
That way we do not have to deal with rapidshare
and they will be here as long as the post is.

3v0

Please include files and pictures as attachments.
That way we do not have to deal with rapidshare
and they will be here as long as the post is.

3v0

I tried, it failed 5x times, can you as moderator do that?
P.S. I tried with zip extension also.

Last edited:
If anyone needs it ... better than rapidshare lol

**broken link removed**

Also a side by side size comparison of the original PICKIT2 would be nice

Last edited:
Atomsoft can you upload **broken link removed** file to your server, it's the same file but zip extension(because attachment can only have zip extension), I tried uploading to rapid again, .zip off course, but can't transfer the file from their server here, so I'll try from yours, so that people can have everything in one place.

Ohhh and size comparison added just for you!

Last edited:
sure no problem i never use my webspace(site). Too much other things to do

Here it is:
**broken link removed**

Thank you, I think that this should really help people, practically everything is on a plate.

Yeah. There are alot of free file hosting places but too many ads. Hope everyone can benefit from it.

Also a side by side size comparison of the original PICKIT2 would be nice

It's the one by Z.Szilvásy from **broken link removed**

I've built a couple of them and they work well. There's a comparison photo of a number of programmers in the attached file.

Attachments

• mypk2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 303
It's the one by Z.Szilvásy from **broken link removed**

I've built a couple of them and they work well. There's a comparison photo of a number of programmers in the attached file.

There are also others, but as old engineering saying goes, if it works don't change it.

Junebug seems to have a resistor problem on that pic, and Sure surely copied it almost perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…