Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piping data to a CVS file

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachracer

Does anyone have any insights what this snippet of code should look like?

This is driving the data from the microcontroller data into a PC based CVS file - any idea what the insert should look like coming across a serial connection? I'm basing this on Nigel's 7-6 Tutorial code.

I will add Nigel's help has been awsome but he had to leave before I could get this far with him tonight. If only the world was all in the same time zone.

Any help appreciated.

br

Last edited:
You can run hyperterminal and use the "transfer/capture text" function.

Mike.

beachracer said:
Can that be automated?

br

Once you set it going it will write received data to the file until you tell it to stop.

In what way do you want it automated?

Mike.

I just want it to keep updating so there can be a constant sampling of the data. Simple. The data is generally disposable on a 24 hour cycle so memory is not an issue.

br

Dependant on the amount of data it would probably be simpler to keep the data in the pic or serial eeprom and download it on a daily basis.

Without knowing the type and frequency of the data it is difficult to advise.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back