Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade24

with a lot of my hobby projects I interface a PIR motion sensor (prefab store bought unit) to a PIC micro, In my quest to learn and build. I wondered if maybe I could build my own. after searching the web I came across this
How Infrared Motion Detector Components Work
I was think maybe you could connect a pyroelectric sensor directly to a PIC
and use it's on board comparator.
just wondering if anyone has done something like this or have any input on this
as always
thanks

The fresnel lens on the front
yep I got about a dozen in a drawer both .65 and .9 and yes this lens can and does adjust the detection angle and distance and how big what ever is causing the motion to trip the PIR
thanks

You got all you need that site you posted tells you all about it and more. I have been playing with a pir I got 1 from radio shack it didn't cost much it's made by parallax you can do a lot with it. I all remove some old PIR325 out of lites that didn't work got them to work at about 6 in. away I didn't have a box of fresnel lens so gave up on the ideal of making 1 my self

10-4
I have use the one's from RS

I like this better used about 30 only had 1 go bad
if you use a different lens you can get 30 yds.

**broken link removed**
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back