Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playstation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

Hey, anyone wanna suggest somin cool to do with a playstation (other than play games on it)
I have one sitting (over there) and was thinking there must be fun things to do with it.
Got specs on the ports or something???
I'm gonna do a quick search now...
probably can use the controls to control stuff to right?

put linux on it and use it as a webserver and SSH tunnel into it from work and via VNC remote desktop to browse the internet, thus bypassing whatever firewall or "websense" censoring software they are running

and how do I put linux on it???
it seems that I have to buy this kit thing!!!
i just want to download & write a DVD damnit

I've not been following the homebrew/hacking scene for the PS2 but if it's anything like the xbox there's tons of stuff on the net to have fun with...

You can get linux/windows for the xbox, browsers, divxplayers, ...

....but, of course, you shouldnt do this cause it's illegal :p

if you want to do fun stuff with a ps2.

1) get a game
2) put the game in the tray
3) play it! :lol:

Clyd3 said:
(other than play games on it)

Yeah, I've resorted to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips