Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please! ezpic programmer problems..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantt44

hellow.
its 4 days i am working so hard and cant see results.
i am trying to programmig pic16f877a with the eZPIC programmer whice i have built from : **broken link removed**
i use XP and tried icprog and also winpic800.
its just not working. the programmer led is not blinking, and i get eror on the 0000h when verifying... i have checked everything!
maby my port is closed? i have download the driver for icprog.. BUT- when i choose on the icprog a jdm programmer - i cant choose any port from the list (com1,2..) because they are not avaluable! ,thats the way it shoud be????
also -how do i set the feuses ?? i use a crystal on my circuit..
and should the pgm be connected to ground? should i give external 5v to the pic while programming????
whats wrong here? why the programmer's led is not "on" ?
i also checked the voltages on circuit and i have there some voltages..
does some one also know how every pin on the programmer connect to the pic?
please...help me... i am trying so hard!!
thanx !!

First I would suggest you unplug the programmer and verify you can see your com port(s) on your computer, maybe they are not turned on in the bios??

Next verify (if you built it yourself) that the components are inserted correctly and check solder joints.

Did a cable come with it to connect to your com port? If not does it require a straight thru or a cross type cable ( info should be with your instructions ).

Wrong cable pinout will halt you quickly as you are getting your power from your com port.

Hope this helps some..

you didnt read..

you havnt read what i wrote: i have built it my self...
and i use a flat cables...is it right?
so.... i need answer to all of my questions... if someone know...
i am realy desperd...
thanx anyway

RE: you didnt read..

rantt44 said:
you havnt read what i wrote: i have built it my self...
and i use a flat cables...is it right?
so.... i need answer to all of my questions... if someone know...
i am realy desperd...
thanx anyway

Well I skimmed your message QUICKLY in an attempt to OFFER some SUGGESTIONS!

If you can't see your com port ( my first suggestion ) a cable will not help, and if you have the wrong cable ( my second suggestion ) it will not work either.

NOTE: These were SUGGESTIONS, I made them because I have made similar mistakes, I am 50 and have been doing electronics for 30yrs, and still make mistakes.

I will let others suggest !

Good Luck.

hi,

On a spare 9way Dee type connector link pins 2 and 3 together, plug it into your PC serial port.

Run a serial port test program and check if the PC's port can talk back to itself.
Google the web for RS232/Serial test programs, there are a number of free programs available.

If it cant, it could be a number of causes, let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back