Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help for designing Infrared Sensor Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmoy

i want to design a Infrared Sensor Door. Can u guys please help me out? like... how to proceed, what i need and all the stuffs.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
hi tonmoy,

Do want a IR beam that broken when someone walks thru the door?

Do you want a PIR that detects body heat if someone walks thru.?

Do you want a IR detector that operates when a door is opened.?

You can see our problem in giving you an answer.

EricG

ericgibbs said:
hi tonmoy,

Do you want a IR detector that operates when a door is opened.?

You can see our problem in giving you an answer.

EricG

Thanks Eric for the reply. and sorry that i was not that much clear in my query. Anyways.. u made it easy for me.

I want to design a door that will be automatically opened when someone comes closer to it.

Thanks in advance.

hi tonmoy,

A few more operational questions.

Do you want the door detector to work from both sides of the door?
That is incoming/outgoing.

What type of door is it?
The reason for asking is, how important is it that the detector/circuit opens the door every time without fail.
Example 'a fire exit door' [ I hope not]

Internal/External door, swing door, sliding door ????

If you design your own door open/close electrics/mechanism, which is not an easy task, remember the detection system has not only to detect someone approaching the door,
BUT to stay open while the person maybe just standing in the doorway.

Eric

hi Eric,

actually this a project task for me. And yes, i want the door to work from both side, and it has to stand for while for passing the person who want to, and it has to be closed automatically.

It would be very helpful for me, if u can provide me some good suggestions to proceed my project. Like... the equipments.

thanks in advance,

Tonmoy

hi tonmoy,

You can buy PIR detectors capable of switching 240Vac 2000W, that could used to operate a electromechanical door opening mechanism.
The PIR also has a 'time out' delay.

A more reliable verison of the PIR also has microwave detection.

You would require a a PIR [passive infrared detector] [body heat] above the inside and outside of the doors.

You will require 'end of travel' limit switches on the doors, so the motor drive stops when the door is fully open or closed.
Also a reversing system for the door motors.

Its important also that the door can be opened manually, if required.

Remember to include sensing in the door operating system so that the door doesnt try to crush someone standing in the way.

I would suggest that you look at some of the auto doors used in your local supermart etc, see how its done.

Its a fairly major project to make it reliable and safe.

Hope this is helpful

Eric

Last edited:
Need Quick Help Please

ericgibbs said:
hi tonmoy,

EricG

I have a project that use IR beam that broken when somebody walks thru door, and i need to count that person who passes the door, what can i do to finish that problem??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back