Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me build a person counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravimenon

I want to build a person counter using, Simple gates, LDRs and seven segment display as a part of my course, Please help me with the circuit

I want to build a person counter using, Simple gates, LDRs and seven segment display as a part of my course, Please help me with the circuit

Sorry, I've not noticed Simple gates. The above circuit used PIC microcontroller.

You can work from the attached circuit. It should give you a good starting point. That is about it as nobody here will do the complete school project for you. Look at the circuit and understand how it works.

Ron

Attachments

• People Count.gif
    People Count.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 229
Thanq

Thanq I've done it..

Sir Can you please give me help to build a circuit which i'll explain below

In cars when we have automated locking system which buzzes and makes the light glow with a very small circuit in the key chain

i actually want something similar to my bike, i tried using IR emitter but the range is very small.

can u suggest me some component other than IR emitter so that it actually works in bigger situations like parking lots

the mechanical gate looks simple enough, but you could make an IR or Laser based one also.

Sir Can you please give me help to build a circuit which i'll explain below

In cars when we have automated locking system which buzzes and makes the light glow with a very small circuit in the key chain

i actually want something similar to my bike, i tried using IR emitter but the range is very small.

can u suggest me some component other than IR emitter so that it actually works in bigger situations like parking lots

The reason why IR is used is because the hardware is not very bulky, but to increase the range a radio wave based system may be used (I am guessing here), but with a longer range the hardware size and power requirement would also increase.

Instead you could modify your requirement and make system that calls your cell phone when the car door is opened. I suppose this should not be difficult, and the power for the transmitter could be derived from the car's battery.

Long range remote operated lights and buzzer

thanq for the reply,

But thing is i just want a tracking system so that i could locate my bike(not car)from many using some lights and buzzer. I don't want any burglar alarm system

in short I want a long range remote operated lights and buzzer.

Right now you have this same line of questions running along in two threads. This thread by title has nothing to do with your objective. I would suggest you keep everything in this other thread as it will lead to you getting better help and advice. In the other thread I provided a few links. I am not trying to discourage a home brew method but designing and building boards for RF applications is not quite an easy task.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back