Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help, Power control circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeonatan

Hi guys,
i need to build a circuit that is running on a 9v battery. The circuit is connected to a heating body. This circuit's purpose is to control the amount of heat produced by controling the power using a switch. Please help me! my question is:
1. Should this circuit be a power control circuit?
if it should please help me find the schematics for this kind of circuit,

Thanks

yeonatan said:
Hi guys,
i need to build a circuit that is running on a 9v battery. The circuit is connected to a heating body. This circuit's purpose is to control the amount of heat produced by controling the power using a switch. Please help me! my question is:
1. Should this circuit be a power control circuit?
if it should please help me find the schematics for this kind of circuit,

Thanks

Yes - power control.
Also if the heating & power involved is substantial (say >1 W) don't use a standard 9V battery, use NiMH pack.

When you say connected to a heating body, do you really mean connected to a body that you intend to heat? Or is the body doing the heating? That's confusing - please clear it up.

Clear up

Edit:
Originally posted by Optikon
When you say connected to a heating body, do you really mean connected to a body that you intend to heat? Or is the body doing the heating? That's confusing - please clear it up.

I meant im actualy gonna connect a heating body to this circuit of course not to heat the circuit but it should work when current goes through the body, basicly.

if you could please explain me how to charge and make a NiMH pack, i have the GP 2450mAh NiMH AA batteries. And please tell me where i could find the schematics for this circuit.
thanks

Last edited:
yeonatan said:
Edit:

I meant im actualy gonna connect a heating body to this circuit of course not to heat the circuit but it should work when current goes through the body, basicly.

if you could please explain me how to charge and make a NiMH pack, i have the GP 2450mAh NiMH AA batteries. And please tell me where i could find the schematics for this circuit.
thanks
So you need to measure the temperature of the body and operate some other circuit in order to regulate the heat produced?

What is the heating body?

You can buy NiMH packs. You can get chargers really cheap too thanks to the digital camera industry. I personally wouldnt waste my time building a charger. Unless of course, you want the experience.

If your circuit is not going to be doing the heating (delivering power) then, perhaps you can get away with the 9V cell if your circuit draws a small amount of current. That was a misunderstanding as I am still trying to decipher what it is you want to do.

Here is my interpretation of what you want to do. Am I on the right track?

Attachments

• BLOCK DIAGRAM.jpg
    BLOCK DIAGRAM.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back