Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls give me ebook for pic c programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any. If there were, there's a good chance that it wouldnt' be very legal to distribute them over a forum.

I think learning to program a PIC in C really involves learning each of them separately to some degree...
1) learn to program in C on a computer
2) learn about PICs, getting at least moderately familiar with the architecture and everything, preferably by trying out assembly programming.
3) finally put the two together, by using example code and documentation for your C compiler, so that you can identify the ways in which things are done different for a PIC in C than they are in standard ANSI C that you'd use on a computer.

I think if you try to learn both of them at once from scratch, rather than learning some about each of them separately and putting it together, it will be more difficult.

Well, both HiTech PICC18 and Microchip MCC18 are essentially ANSI compatible. Any C book- O'Reily books are universally good resources.

For both PICC18 and MCC18 you will need to look through their product documentation on how to address the registers and different memory types particular to the PIC hardware and how you will need to do interrupt code.

But the tricky part here is that you need a basic understanding of how PICs work and thus know what the most effective way will be to handle a problem. For example, typical newbie problem is using Float type. Nothing in the C language will tell you Float sucks because it primarily sucks only for microcontrollers with no coprocessor or datapath to calculate a float in hardware. It takes thousands of times more cycles to calculate a simple calc in Float, and I'm not even sure if it's reentrant at all so an interrupt Float calc might crash into it. In reality Float is completely unnecessary 99.99% of the time.

Also there are some liabilities with the PIC's architecture which puts variables and constants in different parts of memory. In this PICC18 and MCC18 chose somewhat different solutions. I sort of think MCC18 was more forward thinking in this regard.

Hi, I have these books

"PIC Microcontroller Project Book"
ISBN: 0071354794
Author: John Iovine
Publisher: Tab Books
Edition: (May 18, 2000)
Pages: 272 pages

download it from here:

**broken link removed**
and

8051 microcontroller
Mazidi