Pls help choosing accelerometers (evaluation kits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaojie

Hi all,

I have a new pet project but i've never worked with electronics before. Since I'm a novice, I'm not gonna try to build a circiut yet, instead i'm gonna go with plugnplay kinda version (development kit), but I still need help choosing the right one

What do I want to do?
- A watch prototype that measures movements of a person's body in motion
- need usb output that connects to my PC
- need driver and code libraries (and if possible code samples) to be able to trigger some reaction based on real time data

What's the complication?
I don't have any electronics experience and I'm not sure which are the important criteria in choosing the right accelerometer, such as resolution, sensibility and other criteria. I have below a list of accelerometers which all seem to have what I need (USB output and library code etc), but I can't make out which one is best to measure a person's motions.

Pls help me chose which one's right? Or if none of the below is right, please feel free to suggest another.

Much appreciated

Jimmy

STMicroelectronics:
1) board STEVAL-MKI022V1 with chip LIS331DLH
2) board STEVAL-MKI062V2 with a bunch of chips
3) board STEVAL-MKI006V1 with chip LIS302DL

4) Freescale ZSATR3 board with chip MMA7660FC

Phidget:
5) Phidgetspatial 0/0/3
6) PhidgetSpatial 3/3/3

7) VTI CMA3000 Kit with CMA3000 chip

as far as acceleration goes, +/- 5G for an upper limit is acceptable, assuming the accelerometer chips are fed into a 16 bit adc then you will be able to pick up most every slight movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…