Plunger switch help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteltt33

Hello.
Can anyone assist with the following please?

Seeking a spring loaded plunger switch ( car door/ fridge door style ) which gives a
signal when cycled. I would use the term " Momentary " but I am not sure that this is correct.

By this I do not mean "Push to make" or "Push to break" but rather, a plunger switch which
makes electrical contact only in mid travel.

The switch need only have two terminals, though a multi purpose unit would be acceptable
provided that it has the desired function.

Any suggestions as to the supply of such a switch would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.
Petel

You don't mention working voltage or current but maybe **broken link removed** is what you have in mind?

Switches like this are made by several manufacturers in assorted shapes and sizes. Additionally they are distributed by a host of parts houses. Not knowing your location makes it difficult to suggest a supplier.

Ron

It is a single pole normally open or normally closed momentary switch. You can try any appliance store or electric supply house usually carry a wide range of "limit switches" maybe a set of magnetic reeds surface or recessed type, what are you using it for?

Yep. reed.
Let the plunger be a magnet sliding in a thin wall pipe, round, square, whatever. Attach a reed switch at the desired position outside the pipe.

Grateful thanks to Reloadron, Ibelectric and Exernet for your replies, you have given me
something to work on.

Much appreciated.
Peteltt33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…