plz help me......I want to know how my traffic light project works

Status
Not open for further replies.

funforever47

the traffic light project contains 555 timer ic(astable mode) and a decade counter 4017,three LED's and a 9v power supply....I can't get how the clock pulses are generated by 555 timer ic and given to decade counter ???????

Plzzzzzzzzzz.....help me out I have a presentation on 9th..........plzzzzzz.

waiting for replies.....

It's your project, how can you not know how it works? Ahh it's NOT your project! You just want to take credit for it........ (Notice how lots of periods help)
What does plz mean, Person is LaZy?

funforever47 said:
I can't get how the clock pulses are generated by 555 timer ic and given to decade counter ???????

The 555 creates the clock pulses by its own hard work, and it does not just gratuitously give them to the decade counter. If the counter wants clock pulses it has to pay.

JimB

JimB said:
The 555 creates the clock pulses by its own hard work, and it does not just gratuitously give them to the decade counter. If the counter wants clock pulses it has to pay.

JimB

Awesome, that's how its done, that 4017 has gotta learn who's the boss A+

The 555 is female and the CD4017 is her male slave? Kinky!

CD4017 ICs from Texas Instruments are macho. They will show the 555 who is the boss.

Wasn't there a metal can 555? It would look mighty fine with my metal case 2N2222

I recall hearing somewhere some old transistors were doped with arcenic, they would be the merry widow.

I'm running on no sleep and pure caffine...

Hi Bill,
Never mind sleep.
Just go out and shovel the snow, then again later then again tomorrow a few times. That will wake you up. If you don't freeze to death.

I think it stopped snowing here. Buffalo New York is getting it instead.

Thanks guru, I'm just on the Greyhound from Cambridge to Toronto, I'll wave as I pass you shovelling your driveway.
Can't sleep on the bus, I'm writing this on my mobile phone.

Last edited:
@all

I am not lazy and I am the one how made the circuit.....I wasn't able to understand how clock pulses were generated by 555...but I know now.....and coz of my work and time I put in not coz of ur links(sorry to say) coz u posted them late......

funforever47 said:
I am not lazy and I am the one how made the circuit.....I wasn't able to understand how clock pulses were generated by 555...but I know now.....and coz of my work and time I put in not coz of ur links(sorry to say) coz u posted them late......

Where did you find the schematic? How did you know the circuit would work before you built it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…