Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PNP Transistor Theory

jb33

I have A1015 PNP transistor on a circuit board used to power a 12V coil on a relay that allows AC to flow to a motor contactor. The emitter and base both have 12V, but the collector is floating around 2V which is not nearly enough to power the relay. I have tested the transistor with a meter and it checks good. Any ideas why this is happening if the transistor is good? Does the emitter voltage need to be higher? Maybe the problem lies with the TD62003AF 7Ch Darlington Sink Driver that sits in front of the transistor? Thanks in advance for any help!

If the base and the emitter are both at the same potential, then the transistor is OFF. Without a schematic diagram of the circuit, I have no idea if there is any way to turn the transistor on. Were you hoping I could jinn up a circuit in my head that would help you?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back