Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pole balancing robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsoLator

Hi guys, i want to start a new project doing a robot that can balacne a pole. anyone had done similar project before. Can anyone give me some advice or how to do it.
A million Thank you!
:)

Lets start with the basics..

How will you determine the position of the pole (in either axis)

What are you thinking of balancing it with, one aperature is simler to control, yet more than one aperature would make it easier to balance. Any pics on your project? Please post if you have any or when you get started.
Oh, I guess it would be proper to mention that a PID controller would be your best bet...

The descriptions I've read say that a Pot is needed on the hinge of the pole on top of the wheel base. The Pot delivers the angle that the pole is at and moves the wheels accordingly.

Sounds like a cool project. Are you going to try and make a balancing bot on two wheels after the pole balancer?
~Mike

Thanks Guys for your precious time. I don't have any picture yet as i'm still gathering more information. I must have the wheels to balance the pole right? 2 wheels would be very cool :) I would welcome more commets. A million of thank YOU!

Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back