Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popup Ads

danadak

Most Helpful Member
Is it really necessary to popup the same ad over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
.....................................................................................

during a single session on the site ?

Just asking for a friend.

Regards, Dana.

Should internet users start charging ad originators for their internet costs,
their individual time spent showing screens that are totally irrelevant to them,
no matter how good the originator thinks their algorithms are.....? Wear and
tear on their PC ?

Just asking for a friend.....

Try Brave browser.

From a friend, just saying...

Interesting thread in that the method of prevention is for the target, in this case
the victim, to find defensive measures.

I liken it to me tying up the CEO and standing an inch away from their face
and simply repeating -

buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me
buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me buy me

Seems incredibly aggressive and outright rude, at least the way I was brought up.

So a simple compromise is, on a connection basis, one push ad is foisted on participant,
to help cover costs and salaries and maintenance, and it stops until participant logs out then
back in, or simply one / day max....I am flexible :) Fair is fair.....?

Any takers ?

I understand in EU aggressive TV ads and overall aggressive push ads are much less than here
in US, can anyone comment on that, and if true why US so aggressive ?

Regards, Dana.

I don't know why they cannot put the ads in the sidebar if they must have them, rather than using obnoxious popups..
I doubt anyone would care enough then to bother with blocking them, they would not be obstructing wanted content.

In my Samsung J6 mobile phone lately, ads do cover the whole screen from time to time.

Brave browser works on Android too

Not an expert but do folks call it quits on a site with too many ads ? I know
I have left aggressive sites. Its offensive to have someone in your face for
extended periods of time using your funded services, internet charges, to
do you. I have seen web pages so loaded with ads content of interest is
squeezed almost out of existence. Its an attitude that needs to be reckoned
with. Like worker pay who create the majority of the wealth in a society.
Whole other topic, but strongly related.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Not an expert but do folks call it quits on a site with too many ads ? I know
I have left aggressive sites. Its offensive to have someone in your face for
extended periods of time using your funded services, internet charges, to
do you.

Regards, Dana.
Yes. I no longer use certain news sites because of the clickbait ads in the margins - and they are not even pop-ups.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back