Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable Deadman Switch/Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDill

I would like to build (if I knew how) or hire someone to build me a Portable Deadman Switch that sets off a buzzer when released.

It should run off a battery (maybe 9v?). Have an on/off switch. Have a speaker with volume control.

The deadman switch would be a spring loaded toggle switch preferably. When released it would set off a loud buzzer (smoke detector loud). Hmmm... maybe I just need to wire up a switch to a Smoke Detectors Test Button?

Any suggestions on where to start? I know, I'm clueless! I do know that deadman switches operate opposite of what I am proposing, in that when released they cut the power, not turn it on. Someone suggested electronics from a emergency light that comes on once the power goes off.

I'm looking at a toggle Switch in the Acklands-Grainger Catalog that is a SPST Momentary Position Toggle Switch that has On/Momentary Off (GGS2VLT1). Would that be what I should use?

I have some portable walkman speakers. Is there a way that they could be used?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back