Portable Deadman Switch/Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDill

I would like to build (if I knew how) or hire someone to build me a Portable Deadman Switch that sets off a buzzer when released.

It should run off a battery (maybe 9v?). Have an on/off switch. Have a speaker with volume control.

The deadman switch would be a spring loaded toggle switch preferably. When released it would set off a loud buzzer (smoke detector loud). Hmmm... maybe I just need to wire up a switch to a Smoke Detectors Test Button?

Any suggestions on where to start? I know, I'm clueless! I do know that deadman switches operate opposite of what I am proposing, in that when released they cut the power, not turn it on. Someone suggested electronics from a emergency light that comes on once the power goes off.

I'm looking at a toggle Switch in the Acklands-Grainger Catalog that is a SPST Momentary Position Toggle Switch that has On/Momentary Off (GGS2VLT1). Would that be what I should use?

I have some portable walkman speakers. Is there a way that they could be used?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…