Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible to Replace 2N7000 with 2N2907/2N2222?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

I found this schemmy of a Ring Oscilliator, and I was wondering if it was possible to replace the 2N7000's with a 2N2907 or a 2N2222. I know this is a useful circuit, and I would like to build it, but could I replace them? Thanks.

Attachments

• ring.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 866
hi Krumlink,,, HNY..:)

As you know, the 2N7000 is a FET and 2N2222 bipolar, so afraid the answer is no...;)

Ok thanks 3v0. I will look online for a Bipolar Ring Oscilliator. Hopefully Semiconductor theory will not screw me over :(

Noooooooo Semiconductor Screwed me over :(

If anybody knows of how to make one using Bipolar Transistors, Let meh know!

I know, but with my programming computer STILL gone, no it wouldnt be :D

Quix what are you talking about???

What if I built it with Bipolar Transistors?

Krumlink said:
Quix what are you talking about???

What if I built it with Bipolar Transistors?

The emitter current gain, Beta=Ic/Ib. In the equivalent circuit model it gives you dependent current source.

Depedning on how much outut voltage/current you want, depends lagely on the betas. Thats why i'm asking why do you want to use the bjt's.

Are you tring to reach some specific gain or output level?

Krumlink said:
I know, but with my programming computer STILL gone, no it wouldnt be :D

First I was not paying attention to what you were building. I only sent 1 transitor which would make building a ring osc difficult. You can use it on the junebug.

The computer is only 3 days away, unless that has changed. It would be easy to create a similar device in software and watch the bits change on the port.

Actualy you already know how to do that (at least fake it) if you think about it.

If you are looking for somthing to do I can send you some C related material to study.

Depending on the frequency you want you can use a single inverter, an R and a C to make a relaxation oscillator.

You can also use an od number of inverters to make a ring oscillator whose frequency will be a sensitive function of Vcc, temperature, and the propagation delay of the particular gate you select.

Combining these two concepts you should be able to amuse yourself for a very long time.

quixotron said:
The emitter current gain, Beta=Ic/Ib. In the equivalent circuit model it gives you dependent current source.

Depedning on how much outut voltage/current you want, depends lagely on the betas. Thats why i'm asking why do you want to use the bjt's.

I was just going to light up some LED's.

Papabravo: I will look around. I am working on a 555 pummer I designed, so I will get back to this later.

Papabravo said:
Depending on the frequency you want you can use a single inverter, an R and a C to make a relaxation oscillator.

You can also use an od number of inverters to make a ring oscillator whose frequency will be a sensitive function of Vcc, temperature, and the propagation delay of the particular gate you select.

Combining these two concepts you should be able to amuse yourself for a very long time.

Oh i get what you are saying, so basically build a schmitt trigger oscilliator and add more oscillators on the end of it?

quixotron said:

If beta is an issue, he could use, Darlington transistors.

Yup that was where I saw it. Hero diddnt you create some type of oscilliator or something?

I have found that the 2N7000 and its p-channel complement the ZVP2106A to be as useful as the old BJT 2N2222 and 2N2907 parts. I am sure that the 2N7000 will work as I just bread boarded a three stage loop using a 10k ohm drain resistor and it works fine. The frequency tracks the supply voltage nicely from 3 to 24 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back