Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Engineer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

diFabio

Does anyone know of an design engineer that is capable of designing a high wattage output inverter as well as other specialized units.

Thanks Blueroom
For over the past two years we have been developing a unique dc charging system that is capable of rapidly charging batteries. We are also working on a different type of induction motor using these same energy processes. This system is scalable so we are now in need of an inverter that is capable with the same scalability.
Our interest is several fold, however, for the immediate needs here is what I am looking for.
Input-48v dc
Output- 240v ac 200amp Pure Sine Wave
All the overload and sensing capabilities
Status processing with communication.

Further designs we are interested in units that will allow larger inputs, larger output (100kw), multi input such as 48v up to 360v dc built within the same unit. (we can provide selectability of the individual input converter through programming as needed), and so on.

We are looking for an engineer that is willing to work with us on several innovated project as we continue to develop and design energy systems all across the energy spectrum.
Please provide your background and experience if this is of interest to anyone.

What is the available input current? or at least what is the input source?

Last edited:
DC Input

The Input shall be initially provided by 12v 250AH AGM batteries wire in series to provide a minimun of 48v through SSR. A Controller shall provide logic control and switching between sets of 48v power supply, loads, and charghe times.

this project is very possible, and shouldn't be too hard in design.

The hard part may be finding parts that are suitable for such high current applications.

Capacity and Components

I understand the concerns about the battery input capacities as well as the bus bar sizing. We will not need 100% capacity at the 200amp nor are we limited on the recharge time of the batteries.
What is a concern is first designing then locating the components that is capable of handling these potential conditions. Again this is the preliminary development with future upgrades.

Charger

Funding is available to hire and produce the prototype as well as production models.
I will be using 250AH AGM batteries to feed input. The lowest input voltage will be 48vdc however will also use higher voltage as needed (i.e. 60, 72 vdc, etc). The process of charging I am not able to share at this time. I can tell you it will not be the bottle neck in this process.

For over the past two years we have been developing a unique dc charging system that is capable of rapidly charging batteries.

Charge rate is determined by the battery.

We are also working on a different type of induction motor using these same energy processes.

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back