Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Seat Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was just wondering whether there is anything special/specific about power seat motors i.e. do they need to have certain qualities which are only found in power seat motors? So I suppose what sort of qualities am I to look for when I look for an electric motor to use in a custom power seat?

So I suppose what sort of qualities am I to look for when I look for an electric motor to use in a custom power seat?
Power requirements are a major factor. The faster you want the seat to move the greater the power consumption. A small motor with low gearing is one option: or a bigger motor with higher gearing.
For car use the motor would presumably be a 12V one. For a domestic arm-chair the voltage could be higher.
Silent operation would be an advantage.

Get ond designed for the purpose, from a low mileage wreck.

I agree. most of them are a separate unit that makes up the seat base, and have all the different motions in it. The seat bolts to it and the power unit bolts to the floor. No fabricating involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back