Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply 24V multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

athes

I’m designing a portable device that can be carried around and plugged into the mains

The problem I’m having is that I can only find a single 24 Volt power supply I need to have 3 separate connection. Ideally I was trying to use a computer power supply(multiple connections) but cant find one the is 24V they are mainly all 12V

5V 15V and 24V Volts for different devices in the box, Question is how do I connection the single 24Volt suppy so that it feeds all 3 voltages without frying them

What components should I be looking for

J

There are several ways you can get different voltages from a single supply. The easiest in my opinion (but not most efficient) would be for you to use linear voltage regulators like the 7805 and the 7815.

Also, you can get 24V from an ATX computer power supply by using the +12V and -12V outputs together. You might want to revisit your original idea. You could actually get all three voltages you need from the ATX power supply.

for 24V: +12V - (-12V) = 24V
for 15V: +3.3V - (-12V) = 15.3V ≈ 15V
for 5V: just hook up driectly to one of the 5V outputs.

As long as the 3 circuits you are powering are sperate, this should work fine.

Last edited:
What current requirements do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back