power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I need a power supply to give 12 to 15 volts @ 25A from a 48v rail. I have nearly always taken the advice that " you don't build switchers, you buy 'em. " But I can't seem to find anything suitable, the websites I've tried seem to be designed to teach you all about the company, the directors names, and the colour of the washroom walls before eventually admitting that they don't make what you want. Anyone out there able to help me find one?

hi,
Have you tried Farnell

Power Supply | Farnell United Kingdom

Why don't you use a mini 3-terminal regulator. It looks like a transistor and costs less than $1.00 plus a few other components.

That would have to be one beefy 3 terminal device to handle all that power. 48vin 12vout @25A.

I thought it was 25mA.

For 25A you need a huge power resistor before the regulator to dissipate most of the heat and then a 3-terminal regulator with a pass transistor. In all, it is a very big request.

Last edited:
Buck switcher are the easiest to make, but I'll admit that I've never built one above a couple of amps.

I think that you want several in parallel. You need to make sure that they all give the same current.

You need to consider timing. In a PC, there are several buck regulators in parallel and they are all switched at different times to reduce input and output ripple, and I think that is the best approach. An IC like the LM25576 has a synchronisation input to facilitate that.

there a model here
**broken link removed**
and there is a lot of similar model from other brands, just search for a 350w dc dc converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…