Powering Led with a lower voltage battery 1.5v for 3.6v LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

stakx2002

I know that flashlight leds are run using batteries that would not normally light them. This is made possible by pulsing the LED at an unnoticable frequency right? How can I do this with a diode and capacitor???

Does anyone have a formula I can use to determine Capacitor size for different applications??? Thanks in advance!

You can't. The circuit used to pulse LEDs at %200 + have an ASIC that includes a timer and a driver. If your looking for an extra bright LED they are available. There are also LEDs available that have an optimized timer driver encapsulated in the package.

I am trying boost the ability of my 12 volt power source to power leds in a series. This would work for that app.??? If so where would I find a ASIC?? Thanks for your reply...

stakx2002 said:
I am trying boost the ability of my 12 volt power source to power leds in a series. This would work for that app.??? If so where would I find a ASIC?? Thanks for your reply...

ASIC stands for "Application Specific Intergrated Circuit", you would obviously require one specifically for your purpose - and it's unlikely to be labelled 'ASIC'.

The LT1073 is an IC which is designed for boosting the output from 1.5V batteries, which you could use to feed LED's off a single 1.5V battery.

As you mention you have a 12V supply, there's no need to boost it, 12V is more than enough for LED's, simply wire them in more than one row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…