Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practicing circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfTacular

Hey everyone! Just registered and I'm looking forward to learning more about circuits. Next semester in college I'm taking my first DC circuitry course in pursuit of my engineering degree. Last semester I shadowed the class I saw people working on actual circuits, and that's when I realized thats what I've always wanted to learn about. I talked to the professor and he said I should look online and try to do some simple circuits, and follow the schematics. Is there any simple circuits anyone can recommend me practicing on? I already have a nice Weller 60W soldering station. The professor also gave me a solder-less practice board for me to use and practice on for the summer. Also I have plenty of soldering experience, I come from the CandlePowerForums, I'm used to soldering drivers to high powered LED's (if that matters) to make really powerful flashlights. So if somebody can point me in the right direction for practicing, that'd be great.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just registered and I'm looking forward to learning more about circuits. Next semester in college I'm taking my first DC circuitry course in pursuit of my engineering degree. Last semester I shadowed the class I saw people working on actual circuits, and that's when I realized thats what I've always wanted to learn about. I talked to the professor and he said I should look online and try to do some simple circuits, and follow the schematics. Is there any simple circuits anyone can recommend me practicing on? I already have a nice Weller 60W soldering station. The professor also gave me a solder-less practice board for me to use and practice on for the summer. Also I have plenty of soldering experience, I come from the CandlePowerForums, I'm used to soldering drivers to high powered LED's (if that matters) to make really powerful flashlights. So if somebody can point me in the right direction for practicing, that'd be great.

hi,
There are members circuits on this Forum link.
Electronic Circuits

Well hello there and welcome to the forum.

So you come from CP huh? Well, i have an EE Course posted over there in one of the stickies.
What happened though is when we got to simultaneous equations everyone dropped out so i quit posting new lessons. If you follow those lessons that are there you'll get pretty far in DC circuits and you'll be ready for AC.
Note that i jumped into a few nonlinear circuits at the request of several CP members but you can ignore them for now.

Last edited:
He he he :)

Yay, noobies!
(Love your moniker.)
I usta live in Orange County, Ca. Did 3 years at Santa Ana Community College. (University of California, Seventeenth and Bristol) LOL!
I agree with that power supply project. It doesn't really have a microcontroller in it. It must be preparation to make microcontroller circuits, and it will serve you well, for a long time.
Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back