Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pre made circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uceesdp

Hi everyone,

Would anyone purchase any pre-made circuits like a timer circuit, line follower robot circuit, sensor circuit etc. Circuits that are simple. For example, if someone were to build a ordinary timer circuit in which you can vary the clock and sell it. would anyone buy it rather than buying those electronic project kits where the person who buys it actually builds it?

Can people add their view about this question please.

thanks

Steve

The answer is "No." and "No."

JimB

Would anyone purchase any pre-made circuits like a timer circuit........ it rather than buying those electronic project kits where the person who buys it actually builds it?

Are you talking about selling a schematic and parts list?

Ken

Have you looked at Sparkfun, Pololu or Parallax, or any one of dozens of other places on the internet? Maybe a look through Nuts&Volts, Circuit Cellar or Elecktor would be a good starting point.

Would you think starting a business like this will be profitable, I mean making a good project for the labour of building the circuits off course?
thanks

Can you make anything not already supplied by companies like the ones I listed above? Sparkfun started in a garage with 3 people and they're over a hundred now but they have unique and exciting stuff.

Hi everyone,

Would anyone purchase any pre-made circuits like a timer circuit, line follower robot circuit, sensor circuit etc. Circuits that are simple. For example, if someone were to build a ordinary timer circuit in which you can vary the clock and sell it. would anyone buy it rather than buying those electronic project kits where the person who buys it actually builds it?

Can people add their view about this question please.

thanks

Steve

I purchase pre-made circuits all the time. If for example I need a timer for an application I can look to NTE Timers or for example Macromatic Timers. There are literally hundreds of flavors of pre made timers out there. It's one thing to be working with a home bench hobby project but when I need something for a commercial industrial application I buy it.

The same is true for temperature transmitters. You can but a fully programmable temperature transmitter for any thermocouple type that will give a nice straight line linear output in 4 to 20 mA or voltage out.

There is also no shortage of pre assembled sensor circuits out there ready for use as was mentioned. Just about everything you are focusing on exist.

Ron

The sale for anything that has an associated circuit diagram is minimal.
Most of the premade devices do not have a cirucit diagram or a listing of the code in the micro and that's why they have to be purchased fully assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back