Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Preamp. Bells and whistles included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjodu

Havn't leaned on this forum in a couple years. I'm back with a new pipe dream.

I built a Chip_amplifier kit recently (dual mono with 1 LM3886 and seperate power supply for each) that I saw over in diyaudio forum. This thing is awsome. Plug the Ipod into it and the sound is incredible. As with just about everything, I think I can make it better with a pic and a couple other parts. Here is the short list of what I'd like to do.

1) source select, possibly 2 or 3 with relays or dedicated IC.

2)output select, also 2 or 3 ie. outside, office, kitchen, etc..

3) volume control ( been looking at the TI PGA2320. Have a few samples already.)

4) Web enabled so I can also control it from my desktop. I've worked alot with the Siteplayer and will probably use it again for this project.

5) real time clock DS1302 (been there, done that) so I'll use one here too.

6) serial LCD display to show volume, input, output, and time of day, maybe upgrade to a graphic display later.

7) Pic micro to control the whole thing. I'm partial to the 16f876 with PicBasic Pro.

8) Temperature sensors to monitor the amp temp and cycle a fan if needed. I think it's the LM34 I've used in the past and will use again here.

My plan is to breadboard each piece of this for testing while designing a PCB for the final version. I expect within 12 to 18 months I'll have a working PCB to plug into my amp.

OK, so why am I here? Although I've been able to make many of these parts work stand alone I havn't a clue how to go about adding them all together as a whole. So my first question:
The amp already has two power supplies in it (+35,0,-35 vdc) each fed with a 28 volt 300 watt toroid. Can I use one of the power supplies to also feed the Preamp board? I know I'll need additional regulators.

Thanks for any input. Many more questions to follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back