Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Preamp capacitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventura

Hi, guys,

I have a question about a capacitor, C4, in this microphone preamplifier I’m working on. (Please excuse the grayness of the attached image; my scanner’s out of commission.) This is a “Smart Kit” circuit. It’s described as “suitable for both dynamic and condenser mics.” I’m building this from scratch while the retailer/distributor looks at the kit I returned. (I assembled it properly and with care, but it didn’t work.) I am, for now, stuck with a dynamic mike.

C4 is supposed to be 120pf, but those don’t seem to be available anywhere that I’ve looked, including DigiKey. The closest I found at my local Fry’s store is 100pf and 150pf. I’m wondering if in this application it’s OK to substitute a 100pf and a 20pf in parallel, totaling 120pf.

Or would it likely make any noticeable difference if I simply used 100pf?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Mic Preamp circuit.JPG
    Mic Preamp circuit.JPG
    817.3 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back