Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure sensor recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prescott2006

Hi, I want to build a pressure sensor. The components come to my mind include PVDF film, Flexiforce, Interlink FSR. Any others better recommendation? Which of the sensors that you guys think is the best in term of repeatability?

I have used the freescale compensated, and the freescale integrated series and I love them both. They are also very cheap starting at 5$. I used the absolute type. I checked my sensors against the manual gauges in a hyperbaric chamber and they were spot on.

OK, the project I want to do is install some pressure sensors on a device that wrapped around leg then can continuous monitor the pressure then display the generated voltage on computer screen after data acquisition. Is it impossible to implement it by using those pressure sensor?

Rather than use the term Pressure Sensor I believe what you are looking for is a Strain Gauge. Give this a read.

Ron

How much pressure/weight/force do you need to measure ?

Why build instead of buy ?

I think the pressure is up to 30 kPa. Sorry, I think the word "build" is quite misleading, I want to buy some pressure sensor, and can directly installed in, for instance, stocking, that can continuously monitor the pressure that exerted by stocking onto the leg.

I think the pressure is up to 30 kPa. Sorry, I think the word "build" is quite misleading, I want to buy some pressure sensor, and can directly installed in, for instance, stocking, that can continuously monitor the pressure that exerted by stocking onto the leg.

Do you mean the force exerted downward? When you say "stocking onto the leg" do you mean weight placed on the leg? If you want to measure force then I believe you are looking at using a load cell. Many types of load cells use strain gauges which I mentioned earlier.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back