Pressure sensor selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

What parameters should I ask a customer about in order to choose a proper pressure sensor for his application

Hi shohadawy,

the information given is a bit vague. What kind of pressure do you want to measure?

If it's air pressure it also depends on the application.

Air pressure sensors are normally calibrated in Pascal and they range from 50 to 10,000Pa in air handling applications. (1mm of water column equals about 10Pa, standard atmospheric pressure is 1,013.2 hectoPascal or 29.29inchHg)

For guns pressure value units in MPa and GPa are required.

What would be of interest for the customer are the electrical parameters, e.g. sensor full scale range, supply voltage and output voltage or current.

Boncuk

Thanks Boncuk, but I'm going to tell you more for a more powerful answer. The application where the sensor is going to be used is as follows. It is a grinder for chicken wastes and as you see there will be blood, water .... I hope this could help...

Thanks Boncuk, but I'm going to tell you more for a more powerful answer. The application where the sensor is going to be used is as follows. It is a grinder for chicken wastes and as you see there will be blood, water .... I hope this could help...

So what kind of pressure is it? As I understand the device shreds chicken wastes, correct?

So what are you trying to measure -- the force of the urge to vomit? You're doing a horrible job of describing your problem.

Last edited:
You're doing a horrible job of describing your problem.

That's because I still not having enough information about the process. I even have not seen it yet. It's operation was just described to me by a friend. What I'm asking about is the general parameters you will ask about when you are choosing a proper pressure sensor

hi,
The choice of sensor depends upon what pressure you want to measure.
It could be air, steam or water pressure etc.

Get more details and tell us.

So what are you trying to measure -- the force of the urge to vomit? You're doing a horrible job of describing your problem.

Somebody must take care of the waste anyway.

Have you ever taken a look into a chicken farm? I bet you'll never touch a crispy chicken again.

If It is Gas's you want to measure then a wheat stone bridge is what you need to build but it dos not measure pressure but Qty of gas to O2 present which you can then make the wheat stone bridge to control the application.

If It is Gas's you want to measure then a wheat stone bridge is what you need to build but it dos not measure pressure but Qty of gas to O2 present which you can then make the wheat stone bridge to control the application.

It depends very much on the pressure value what to use. If it's gas used to flame the chicken the pressure is very low (approximately 100Pa maximum). This ist best to be measured with a micromanometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…