Problem Connecting 3 Amplifers

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1agan

Hi, I recently built 3 50 watt Amplifer kits and have them working but when i went to connect them to a 3.5mm female audio socket toplay songs off my ipod i wasnt able to.

The socket has an earth and a left and right terminal so I connected the first two but when it came to connecting the third amplifer i wasnt able to unless i bridged it which could damage my ipod because the signal would be able to go back to my ipod.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to connect my third amplifer?

Thanks Riagan

Is the first amplifier for the left channel?
Is the second amplifier for the right channel?
What do you want the third amplifier to amplify?

If you want the third amplifier to amplify both channels mixed together into mono then make a mixer circuit to combine the two channels into mono. Two resistors will make a mixer.

Amplifers

Yes, I have one on the right, one on the left and i want to connect the third up to run off both but without harding my ipod.

What do u mean by two resistors to make a mixer?
Will they make it lose some power?

Last edited:
Are you driving the amplifiers from the headphones output of the ipod?
If you are then connect the two channels to the two amplifiers for stereo.
Connect a 1k resistor to the left channel output of the ipod and another 1k resistor to the right channel.
Connect the free ends of the resistors together which makes a mono mixer that can drive the mono amplifier.
It does not hurt the ipod and it does not lose any power.

Worked

Thanks, its working now and all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…