Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem Dimeable GE Compac Fluro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroplane

Hi
Problem I am trying to operate a GE spiral cfl via a remote, it is in a ceiling fan.

My hack works adding an extra load ie an in parallel 15 watt (smallest off the shelf):confused: incandesent.

If you don`t it will only flash.

Spoke to Ge >>> tough luck >>>> speak to Clipsal their fixed dimmers work.:eek:
Spoke to Clipsal>>> we don`t have a remote that will work.:eek: :eek:

Would like to run two compact`s with a remote with out an incandesent light.

240v/50 .

I`m not that sure/gifted if it is too little load say 5 watts to get it started or the interfirence via the 50cycle...> to the remote> to cable parallel 5 feet> to the compac fluro.

Well I did test it with out the 5 feet same problem.

Help! thanks for listening :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for the Quick Reply Hero

My Endgalaish must Bee brad.

!Have Dimmerble Compact Fluroscent Light (by Ge)
!! Can`t find a remote controlled dimmer that will work (ceiling fan/light
!!! Light will pulse at 1 second at full brightness
!!!! Adding a pilot lamp solves the problem,Kinda(extra load).

Want to GET rid of the wasted energy (the pilot lamp am using an 15watt incandesent light at the moment.

GE is the ONLY DCFL here
Have Tried two different (brands)remote dimmers

thanks again

Are you sure your compact fluroscent tube is really dimmable?

What's its power rating?

Most light dimmers have a minimum load of about 40W, your compact fluorescent is probably less than 18W. Somehow I think your 15W incandescent is a necessary evil.

Hero999 said:
Somehow I think your 15W incandescent is a necessary evil.

Yep it is 20watts and does dim.

http://www.foremandata.com.au/images/GE-Lamp.gif

Just blew one up due to heat, had been running a 65 incandesent in the same fixture (it was the necessary evil )

Looks like either i put a large resistor and waste power or an incandesent light and waste power + make some usefull light.

I just will have to live with it, thanks .

Ps Did try another BRAND? (same results,? taiwan)

Just remember, if you live in a cold climate the heat isn't actually wasted it reduces the load of the heating system. If the AC is on or the room is ventilated to the outdoors it is wasted heat though.

But what's more extensive, paraffin, natural gas or electricity?

I don't know about where you live but electricity is the most expensive where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back