problem with AT89S series programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

umersohail

I m getting problem in burning hex file in the controller.
Programmer detects the controller(AT89S51), but it gives "write verify error" when i write hex file in it.
plz help me out in this regard.
here is a link of schematic diagram
**broken link removed**

I did'nt make the ISP programmer in fig.1....... I m getting problem in SPI programmer(fig.2) as u suggested me.
plz check out the schematic if u find any problem in it, then plz tell me. Its very urgent. Cuz I have wasted a lot of time in making my programmer & I m really freaked out.
Plz help me

i had the same problem with the second cct but after some diagnosis i realised that the input voltage to the uC was about 3.8v which was not to be so, i took the connection from the collector of the bc557 transistor and connected 5v from the psu. it worked like charm, initially it will say wrong device signature but told it to go on and it did program my chip for me i am using at89s51 which i bought from digikey in the UK. i can send you a modification of the cct which i used for mine i will need u to drop your email. happy programming, remember dont use any other programming software from the one specified

Last edited:
There might be few possible mistakes while assembling.
1. MISO gate needs to be wired other wise round, as the direction of working is from uC to the DB25.
2. Always connect the body of the PC ( the metal part of DB25 connector ) to the ground common of the device and the buffer. also try to use CAT5/CAT6 cable. keep cable length as short as possible. Connect the shield of the interconnecting cable , if any used, to the same ground at one side only.
3. keep a 0.1uF disc or MLC cap across the uC power pins closely.
4. place 2 nos of 22pF caps each from pins 1& 19 of uC (either side of crystal to ground)
5. Finally, the load on the Supply is to be managed if you want to use Vusb as power supply. So, reduce the LEDs or change the 680 ohms to 1K5 and manage with better LEDs.
6. the RS wire is connected to 4 inputs at LS541. keep the wanted one and disconnect all others. they can be referred to ground to prevent noise.

With these changes , it should work.

You used chip buffer = 74HCT541 ?

yes i used the 74hct541, i will advice you to take time to assemble it when doing it on a breadboard it can get confusing sometimes. and pls when u plug the lpt cable i will like you to allow a minute before u do the reading any problem let me know

i used cat5 and it worked but i will recommend cat6 since that will have less line losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…