Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with capacitive fuel level sensor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chsp129

HI
i am using an capacitive fuel level sensor which give output as 4 to 20 ma..range signal..i use this sensor for calculate fuel level in an generator.but the problem is when i stop the generator i get some value 'x' ..but when i restart the generator again i get the value more than ('x')previous value..can any body help me what is the problem and how to solve this problem..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
i am using an capacitive fuel level sensor which give output as 4 to 20 ma..range signal
So, it sounds like this is a commercial sensor. Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Ken

any chance the level actually increased (tank shrinking when cool, fuel system draining, influence of temperature of fuel density). The fact that the reading is not what you want doesn't mean it is not what the sensor sees.

A faint possibility- if it's a gasoline engine and the tank is metal, you could be getting ignition signals induced into the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back