Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with RS485 interface....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanddune008

Hi All,

Prj Description:
I am designing a hub which receives i/p's(max of 4 inputs) from actuators and slaves connected to the hub(output). When an actuator input is received Master(Hub) will process it and sends a common command to all the salves connected to its output....based on the command each slave will do the necessary.

Now the problem is the slave receives data which is contains noise and hence displays junk day to the LCD........

Can anyone please verify my schematics.....which is attached.
Also attached is my slave input(yellow w/form) and master output(blue w/form)......

Thanks in advance...........

Attachments

• schematics.doc
    1.7 MB · Views: 197
  • TEK0047.JPG
    TEK0047.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
See my edit of your schematic.

Remove the 100Ω resistors in the ground lines of the MAX485s, they are not needed, just a very bad idea.

Add 0.1µF capacitors between Vcc and Gnd at the MAX485s.
All circuits need adequate decoupling of the supply lines.

JimB

Attachments

• RS485.JPG
    RS485.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 178
There is a problem in the RS485 schematic, See
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/microsys_art_RS485.pdf figure 1. This setup has worked well for me.

One one end of the network you need 3 resistors as on your schematic. On the other end you need a single resistor between wires A and B. This resistor absorbs reflections. The best value for the two resistors between A and B depends on the network. Use you scope to find a value the works best.

It seems odd to me that you have tied one node in the recieve and one in the transmit state. That does not allow the reciever to ACK or NAK a msg/packet.
3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back