Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Wireless Door Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urahara

Bought this inexpensive wireless door chime couple of months ago which has a transmitter unit (where you press the button) and the receiver unit (the chime normally located inside the house). An example of such a unit : Amazon.com: Sunnybell ST60 3-Tone 16-Channel Wireless Door Bell,Door Chime With Strobe Light: Home Improvement

Recently it stopped working and thinking that the transmitter battery is flat, I changed the battery but it stopped working again after a day (the receiver battery is ok).

While trying to investigating what went wrong, I accidentally inserted the supposedly flat battery in reverse polarity, pressed the button, which of course gave no sound. But when I reconnected the battery in the correct polarity, the transmitter worked and the receiver unit chimed. This worked for a few presses, and the transmitter went dead again. If I repeat the above, I can get the chime working though only for a while.

Any idea what is happening? Also, which part is not working? If it is just a bad capacitor, I am wondering if it can be easily repaired.

Thks!

Here you go:

Attachments

• DSCF2555.JPG
    DSCF2555.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF2557.JPG
    DSCF2557.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 199
Are you sure it's the transmitter. I have wireless doorbells. When the receiver's batteries (8xC-cells) get low I may get a couple of chimes, then nothing. If you let it sit for a while you may get another chime. I finally replaced the batteries with a wall wart. No more intermittent operation.

Ken

changed the receiver's batteries to a fresh set and it does not work. so it is not the receiver that is at fault.

the sequence I mentioned before : connect the transmitter's batteries upside down, press the button (no sound), reconnect the batteries in the right polarity, press, door bell chimes.

Anyone dare to offer an explanation?

Thks!

Remove the receiver PC from the case and flip it over, scan it so we can be of further assistance.
I plan to interface a garage door opener to a door chime, and a remote door lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back