problems with infra-red remote switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

folarinv

I'm trying to build a light switch using TV infra-red remote controller but i'm experiencing the underlisted problems. Most of the circuits on the internet don't work as descibed.

1, no matter what gain i give my op-amp, the output just sits at about 2.5v which is contrary to the operation principle of the op-amp. i used 9v supply(vcc) on lm324

2, if i use a single op-amp, the range at which i get the 2.5v(max) is 5cm which is too short for a remote control use.

3,many circuit i see on the internet dont have any resistor on the non inverting input. can a non-inverting op-amp work without providing a dc path to ground?

4, finally, pls how can i achieve a voltage of 5v on the output of my lm567 as i need it to interface with flip-flop.

I realise it may be difficult in Nigeria, but I would suggest you use a standard 3 pin receiver IC - you could always get one from a piece of faulty equipment, almost all TV's and VCR's use them.

Then use 38KHz modulation on your transmitter.

It's VERY! difficult to build a decent IR receiver, layout is critical, and the high gain required gives stability problems - at the very least you should build it in a screened metal box.

If you have access to PIC's and a programmer, you could build the PIC IR system in my tutorials?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…