Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
pitafalon said:
please what are the major Differences btw micro controllers and micro processors ?
Thank You
FI

Wikipedia
A microcontroller (or MCU) is a computer-on-a-chip. It is a type of microprocessor emphasizing self-sufficiency and cost-effectiveness, in contrast to a general-purpose microprocessor (the kind used in a PC).

Which makes sense. 8080's, Z80, and 6502 were all microprocessors. Then they started pulling peripherals and memory on chip which resulted in the microcontroller.

I try to mention 3 characteristics of each of them . I hope it helps you well.
Microprocessors:
1 - It has not RAM,ROM,I/o Ports,Timer and so on.
2 - Adding Ram and Rom and expanding them in microperocessors is possible and microprocessors are flexible in this issue.
3 - Thay have more speed than microcontrollers.

Microcontrollers:
1 - They have Ram,Rom,I/O ports,Timer,Serial port,Interrupt and so on.
2 - They have lower speed than microprocessors.
3 - They have low flexibility in expanding memory issue.

Mr.Mehdi Mirnezhad Iran[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back