Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

program pic 18f2525

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinuz

hello,

I have a p16po programmer and the picallw software now i want to program a pic 18f2525 but thats not supported (yet?). But i read that you can add new devices to the device.ini. does anyone have experience in adding devices? or is there other software that works with the p16pro that does support the 18f2525?

thanks in advance,
Tinuz

hmm the programmer doesnt even seem to support this pic a voltage regulator gets extremely hot...bummer

tinuz said:
hmm the programmer doesnt even seem to support this pic a voltage regulator gets extremely hot...bummer

As far as I know the hardware programming requirements are no different, but the software requirements of the 18F series bear no resemblance at all to the older series of PIC's.

If the regulator gets hot, this is usually a sign the PIC has been insert either backwards or out of line.

i finally had some time to test and it wasnt the pic that was heating up the voltage regulator. When i inserted the pic without the parallel cable and plugged in the power it wasnt getting hot at all.
When i plugged in the parallel port cable then the regulator got really hot....And the pic was inserted the right way....
I have no clue on this...any suggestions?

I think I have quite same problem. I use PIC16F628A in my circuit, and my 7805 regulator become very hot. The program is also didn't work..
regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back