Programmer i am building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest building the Inchworm+. It will fix all problems for ever in one go.

I had SO MUCH of trouble getting the David Tait type parrallel programmer to finally work. And when it finally did, computers quit having parrallel ports.

I had such a nice experience with the Inchworm+. Ofcource it takes more components and time especially since I built it on a breadboard. But it worked almost on the first try. And being able to compile and burn from a single tool, the standard one (MPLAB) really makes things look straightforward. well worth the try.

Hi what is INCHWORM + is it a programmer? Can you send me a link that I can build it on a VERO BOARD?

Thanks

Suraj143 said:
Hi what is INCHWORM + is it a programmer? Can you send me a link that I can build it on a VERO BOARD?

Thanks

Try looking at the post at the top of the list in this forum.

Mike.

Suraj143 said:

Thanks

**broken link removed**

Yes you can build it on a veroboard. Presently I have fabricated it on a breadboard and I will also build it on a veroboard next when I get time.

Suraj143 said:
Thanks
It is a programer. It is also a debugger. Works similar to JTAG. It is one step up from a ROM monitor debugger and less then a processor emulator box.

The inchworm(+) can be built from scratch or kit. The kit or a bare PCB can be had from dipmicro. It is a good chice if you need help in that several people on this forum are familar with the inchworm.

The inchworm is based on the development of **broken link removed**
**broken link removed** has PCB artwork and some hand holding for a Stolz like ICD2.

Last edited:
**** it, Im just going to make my life easier and buy the Inchworm+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…