Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming a 12F683 chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

spconlan

if any knows the slightest clue about halo 2 and they know what i am talkin about when i say modding a xbox controller to do a double shot, then you might know what im talking about.

the chip (12F683) can be prgrammed, which i have no clue how or what code to use, and then installed and soldered into a xbox controller to mod it to shoot rapidly....

if anyone knows any little information it would help alot. i have the chip, the PIC programmer and the controller and everything. but i dont know the code..

thanks for trying to help however i know of the mod to create a circuit to make a mod but theres a microchip the 12F683 that this guy on ebay sells and he programmed it to rapidly shoot the battle rifle in halo 2. and he used a dead microchip then programmed it with some code. i was trying to locate the code he used or a similar code. i already asked him and he hasnt responded

Well he probably protected the chip to get you/people to buy it from him.
He made it. He can give it away (like I am with you right now) or he can sell it.

What you can do is take the info I sent you and see where you need to hook/tie into the controller.. Then learn it yourself.

OR, tell us exactly what you want. I hit X (I do not play video games so I made up X) and I need it to fire 5 times then stop. And see if someone will write a program for you.

The choice of the 12F683 would lead me to think it does a lot more than double fire (ground a pin to a button). As a 12F629 will do the double fire on a game controller and have tons of waste left over.. Or maybe it was overkill.

The 555 circuit looks like you hit it and it rapid fires. So that will tell you where the wires go to fire the controller.

spconlan said:
i need the program to be R R X Y Y R R X

Now I am completly lost? Are these buttons? Do you have the wiring diagram for the pic and controller? Upload that so we can see it.

If they are buttons are you planning to add a new button to make this event happend? (assuming I guessed it right)

This is exactly the kind of simple, special-purpose application where if you don't know how to do the programming yourself, you either take the time to learn, or you just plop down some money and pay someone else to do it. The ebay seller clearly already did this, so now he's reaping the rewards and making money off his code (because the PIC itself is only worth a buck or two). Given a schematic to work from, this sounds like an incredibly simple program to write (toggling 3 outputs in a timed sequence), and I think many people on this forum would be able to tackle it, but you may find the price of a programmer's time to be more than you'd want to spend if you're only planning a one-off project.

Edit: I just searched ebay to see what he was talking about, and HOLY CRAP, some of these pre-modified "doubleshot" controllers are selling for $150-200!!

I was gonna make one for my kids as well once I see what he was tring to do. Heck, we need to sell some of these.. :D

But until he can tell us what it does.

EDIT: I found this, so we know it is the buttons. But it sounds a little like cheating.

with the battle rifle quickly

press r,r,x to fire 2 rounds with out reloading.
press r,r,x,y,y,r,r,x quckly to fire 4 rounds without reloading.
press b,x,b NOT QUICKLY just nowmally near a person to meelee twice at the same time.
press b,x,r fast to meelee then fire at the same time.
press b,x,r,r,x to meelee and then double shot at the same time.
press b,x,r,r,x,y,y,r,r,x to meelee the quadruple shot at the same time

Last edited:
yeah those are the buttons, but i dont know what letters to type to make the chip just do X...because when i figure that out i can figure out how to make it do a R then a Y and so on with my sequence.

mramos1 said:
I was gonna make one for my kids as well once I see what he was tring to do. Heck, we need to sell some of these.. :D

But until he can tell us what it does.

EDIT: I found this, so we know it is the buttons. But it sounds a little like cheating.

with the battle rifle quickly

press r,r,x to fire 2 rounds with out reloading.
press r,r,x,y,y,r,r,x quckly to fire 4 rounds without reloading.
press b,x,b NOT QUICKLY just nowmally near a person to meelee twice at the same time.
press b,x,r fast to meelee then fire at the same time.
press b,x,r,r,x to meelee and then double shot at the same time.
press b,x,r,r,x,y,y,r,r,x to meelee the quadruple shot at the same time

DOUBLESHOT CONTROLLER MOD

12F683

PIN1 = VDD
PIN2 = Y BUTTON
PIN3 = X BUTTON
PIN4 = BACK BUTTON (used for mode selection)
PIN5 = RIGHT TRIGGER
PIN6 = LEFT EXTERNAL BUTTON (Quick Load)
PIN7 = RIGHT EXTERNAL BUTTON (DoubleShot)
PIN8 = VSS

Do not press any buttons for 5 seconds after plugging in your controller.

SELECTING MODE: The controller defaults to doubleshot mode.
Right button = doubleshot
Left button = Quick Reload

RAPID-FIRE MODE: Press and hold the BACK button and click the Left (external) button, then release back button. This is rapid-fire mode. Right (external) button performs right trigger rapid fire. Left (external) button continues to perform quick reload. Note: you can not switch modes while in the middle of a doubleshot or rapid reload. While in rapid-fire mode, the magcounter is not cycled and remains where you left it.

DOUBLESHOT MODE: Press and hold the BACK button and click the Right (external) button, then release back button.

Preferences: You have 2 preference settings; sniper_reload and magcounter.

Magcounter defaults on. To turn it off and completely disable automatic reloads, press the Left (external) button within the first 5 seconds of plugging in the controller.

I bought the 12F683 DoubleShot mod chip, but everytime I try to read it using my JDM programmer, it just shows all 0's. Am I doing something wrong?

I would imagine the person has protected the chip so you can not read it. Now if you had an ICE machine :D.

Well you have the pinout, now you can write the program. Google and see if there are other mod chips for the controller that include source code, then alter that. If I had a controller with the chip wired and an ICD2 connector, I would take a shot (no pun) at it.

Looks like they are just reading the buttons, then pulsing other buttons if they see certain patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back