Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming a 16f88 using JAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

noh.way.jose

I am a Linux user, struggling at the limits of my technical abilities. I'm hoping someone or two here will think my problem trivial.

I have a Tait style home built parallel port programmer (a2d 7406), a bunch of 16F88s, Linux (Suse10.2), with JAL, GPASM, PIKLAB installed. I can't compile anything because what I seem to be missing I think is a 16F88.JAL file. I tried running inc2jal on a 16f88 inc file from this site (https://www.tech-tools.com/d_cvhdrs.htm) but the conversion resulted in an almost empty file and I couldn't believe it was successful. I also need to know where to put the 16f88.jal and how to ensure the compiler picks it up.

I guess what I'm asking for is a leg up to a successful compile and a pointer to a good JAL reference manual (and the moon, while we're at it ;o)

Many thanks

Greg

ps. Please let me know if I need to post any more detail to get help.

I may have mislead. I meant JAL2.

I want a high level language and JAL2 is available on Linux and Pascal isn't. I prefer a GUI to command line, where the GUI usability has been considered and I'm more interested in the end goal of the project than learning assembler or C.

So, where can I get that 16f88.jal file then?

ps what other languages with a decent RAD environment are available for Linux?
------------
Greg

Last edited:
noh.way.jose said:
I may have mislead. I meant JAL2.

I want a high level language and JAL2 is available on Linux and Pascal isn't. I prefer a GUI to command line, where the GUI usability has been considered and I'm more interested in the end goal of the project than learning assembler or C.

So, where can I get that 16f88.jal file then?

ps what other languages with a decent RAD environment are available for Linux?
------------
Greg

Did you ask on the JAL
list -yahoo?
edit:
**broken link removed**
fyi: Jalv2 releases are days/weeks old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips