Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingaz

Since looking at Nigel's web site about PIC's, I have become 'intrigued' by these devices. . . Only problem is, I haven't got a clue on programming. (The last programming I did was in basic on a commodore c64!) Can anyone recommend a site or book etc to teach me the basic's?

Would be grateful for any advice etc.

Hey, Thanks for that Nigel. . . just had a quick look, and it seems I may have some 'light reading' to do!

I used a book by John Morton "PIC Personal Introductory Course" published in the UK.

Mine is the second edition and is a bit dated but is very good since the basics are still relevant to the 16F series and can be adapted easily for PICs such as the 16F84, 16F628, etc.

I have not ventured into the 18F series so I don't know if it is relevant to them.

Also included are 17 example programmes with circuits.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have to see if i can get hold of a copy. . . amazon.com here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back