Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project builder for hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpravata

I don't know enough to build what I need. I've done a search online, but must be typing in the wrong search terms. How does one find a builder to build a small circuit for hire? Any help/leads are greatly appreciated.

DESCRIPTION OF THE CIRCUIT

A push (or pull) mini solenoid that is activated once a minute to once every 5 minutes (preferably selectable). The entire assembly should be very small (5 inches square at most) and battery powered.

Please email me. Thanks! Todd

Your specification is too vague.

How powerful does the solenoid have to be?

What extention does the plunger do you require?

What mechanical coupling do you require?

Battery life; does it have to be rechargeable; do the batteries need to be replacable?

Temperature range?

IP rating (resistance to ingress of water dust etc.)?

You could in theory pay me quite a bit of money to design and make a project that matches your description but falls far short of what you actually want. Legally there would be nothing you could do about it because I met the specification you gave me.

I realize that I've not supplied enough details to spec out the project. Really just looking for leads for builders. Only found one source so far.

Builders is somewhat a vague term. Do you want a designer, or do you have design in which case you just want an assembler or do you need both? For a design engineer, you can expect to pay $60. to $100. an hour, unless you work out a flat rate bid. How much are you willing to pay, how many units, what time frame?
Things to think about...

Yes, I need both a designer and an assembler. Do you know of anyone?

You have yet to answer basic questions which leads me to believe your just being a Goober...

Goober? Hunh? Seems like a pretty simple request. If you don't know of people or companies that do this for hire, then why respond? How are the details of my project gonna help you remember that you know someone that will build a project for me?

It's a basic question. Similar to: "Do you know someone that sells XYZ part?" You either do, or you don't.

Why should such a basic question decend into insults?

It's a basic question. Similar to: "Do you know someone that sells XYZ part?" You either do, or you don't.

You are wrong about that. To answer the question about buying XYZ one would have to know what part of the world the buyer lived in. A list of
US suppliers does not help if you live in India.

Your project is quite possibly not as cut and dried as you think.

3v0

Goober? Hunh? Seems like a pretty simple request. If you don't know of people or companies that do this for hire, then why respond? How are the details of my project gonna help you remember that you know someone that will build a project for me?

It just isn't that simple. In order to tell you weather there are people who can do what you need, including possibly ourselves, we need to know the dimensions of the problem.

If you cannot specify in detail what your requirements are it raises a red flag that says better not get involved with this guy because the rewards appear to be small and the investment of effort is large. That would be my interpretation of the term Goober. You can take offense if you like, but you need to understand the magnitude of what you are asking for, and you must be prepared for an underwhelming response. It's not like handing a machinist a print and saying make me one of these. Even if you find someone who says he can do it for a fixed price, you should be prepared to get taken to the cleaners. You just won't know until you run the experiment.

Since we don't know the poster's location, how will the transfer of goods and money take place? Is it one of those Nigerian plans where you give the person your banking information and the deposit is made directly into your account after receipt of the product (or small down payment in the case of a true Nigerian plan)?

The lack of concrete information is usually a bad indication in any business deal.

John

Well I can Probably design and build it for you.
And where you Live can Definately be an Issue.

Detailed Specifications of what you want is a MUST.

And in my case, after recieving the required design info and coming to an agreement on cost, Payment is "CASH" Money, Mailed to me.

Some people will say they want such and such, should be easy. Often they do not understand the problem enough to specify a design that will meet their needs. You build it and when it fails to meet their needs they want you to build another at no additional cost, want their money back, or fail to pay.

They need to understand that if they can not fully specify a product they need to pay an engineer to help them do so. That is in addition to designing and building the circuit.

3v0

A push (or pull) mini solenoid that is activated once a minute to once every 5 minutes (preferably selectable). The entire assembly should be very small (5 inches square at most) and battery powered.
I'll take that as a 'no' on lunch today :p.

OK, let me help you specify.

How accurate must the timing be? Is 5% repeatability sufficient? How to adjust the time? Is an uncalibrated potentiometer good enough?

How much force? 0.1 Newton? 1 Newton? Does the load provide the return force? Is the solenoid working with or against gravity, or is this unknown? What is the actuation distance? 1mm? 10mm? 100mm? How fast is the required actuation? What is the mass of the load?

Must it be square? How tall can it be? Does this outline include the battery? Is the battery rechargeable? What lifetime are you expecting? Is the charger included in the design? What is the input to the charger?

What is the environment? Is a case required? What are the temperature limits? Are there any agency approvals (FCC, UL, CSA, CE)? What is your quantity? Is it to be RoHS?

tpravata

Sounds to me like you know what you want but your not willing to share the info.
I'm thinking if you are still out there and require this built then it's quite possible that you might be able to do for yourself:confused:.
Ask the questions supply the required info so an informed answer can be provided and these people on here are usually more than willing to help out where possible.
You never know you might learn something along the way and save yourself some BIG Buck's!!!!!!

Or Google!!!!!! there must be gazillions;)

Nah! we just chewed up another onionskin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back