Project for me, you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jat45

I have a problem. Not enough time and money, lol.

I have an idea for a great product I want to do. A big software project (which I'll be doing in my spare time) and a small but critical hardware component. The software and hardware both have to be done for this product to be successful. I could:

1. Try to get Angel financing and then pay some hardware guy to do it for me.

2. Do the hardware myself along with the software. I used to work with 8051 chips, USARTs, crypto chips, pals, EEPROMS, etc. but it was a really long time ago and I don't remember much about it and I didn't do the hardware design, just tweeked it a bit. I think I could do the hardware portion of the project but it would take me 6 months where a competent hardware guy could do it in a couple of weeks or a month in his spare time.

3. Find a hobbyist hardware guy in the Washington DC area that would work with me on this project. I'm not paying anything but will offer a share of the profits if the project is successful.

I'm not paranoid (well, maybe a little) but I don't want to give out details of the project until we meet. I'll buy dinner and we can discuss it.

You could be instrumental in creating a great product and make a few bucks (or a bunch of bucks). Interested?

Jeff

Credibility

I've had one reply to my message that was not very serious. So I'll add a bit to my previous message in a feeble attempt to establish a bit of credibility.

I'm 50 years old, a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, 25+ years developing software for a living, and was once president of my own company and wrote a shrink wrapped software application that was on the shelves nationwide at CompUSA.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Jeff

Nothing wrong with being paranoid about something you intend to make money off of at some point. Maybe you could spell out a few of the basic knowledge requirements? Like some idea of the data processing and I/O requirements, what it's going to interface with? Basic stuff. You'll get a lot more useful feedback if you just give people a clue as to what you have in mind.

You do not want to give out the details, that is fine. However if you want those knowlegeable people to be interested and explore collaboration with you, I am afraid you have to say a little bit more.

Perhaps you could just list out the possible technical challenges without functional specifcations, such as the requirements on sensors/interface, signal conditioning, power supply, display, actuation, data communication, etc., and even manufacturing cost.

I trust many will be interested to help, even without a dinner (could be a costly one as many are thousands of kilometers away from you :>)

Darn, I thought it was only my cell phone. But I am getting an echo in this forum too.

You have to give all a hint. If you can get funding and you can do the hardware/software? What do you need here? And with no details what do you expect from the people here?

I am almost 50 and retired once and in 1985 made the top 10 software list in PCMAG I think it was (even my kids do not care what that means to me). I work for 2 people worth a couple bucks. And I have some ideas too.

So again.. What do you need?

If you have done this for 25+ years you should have a plan (mapped out your project) and details of what you need? Can you share that part?

hjames said:
I'm not sure if anyone around here is in the Washington DC area...

for that matter, a pretty big chunk of the forum population here isn't even from the same COUNTRY as Washington DC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…