Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project guidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

inder_singh_40

sir. iam making a project of electronic voting machine based on AT89S8252 microcontroller, i have ordered for making pcb and purchased the components req. but actually i dont know the working of this project that how votes are entered and finnaly how they can be viewed after after finish of voting process. please help me out im attaching hex file ckt diagram and assebly file along with my messege please help me out, i will be very thankfull to u. thanks

Attachments

• voting.GIF
    voting.GIF
    18.9 KB · Views: 127
The keypad and displays are matrixed, the keys read the vote selection and accept a password for reading and clearing totals, the speaker beeps if you choose the wrong candidate. :)

I am not going to help you hack a voting machine.

micro controller are highly based upon the programming you can put password for this..
If you configure the port 1 as the input port then assign a pin , if the pin is logic high then only allow the port 3 which has keyboard interface,then connect a EPROM IC in the remaining pins of the Port1 and program the IC as a text signaling input.then accordingly you program the micro controller also...It will work....

You can also get 4 port pins back by combining the 4 display and switch strobes. They can do double-duty in this design.

Look on the Atmel site for Display/Keyboard readers. They may already have some code routines written for display drive and switch debounce.

But I wouldn't suggest that particular chip - it doesn't have EEPROM. If you get one with EEPROM memory so you can save the password and voting totals to it without having to interface an external chip. This would also make it more secure, because it's easier to read an external serial EEPROM than one built into a microcontroller with a code protection fuse and a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back