Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpita

hello!!!
i am engineering student.i m in 2 year electronics....irequest u all to suggest me fields where i could explore and find smthng gud n worthwile 4 my major project in 4 yr...
thnks

I guess I'll bite since they are asking 2 years ahead of time rather than 2 weeks ahead of time, and they are asking about fields of engineering rather than a straight-out project which I guess is a bit confusing sometimes especially if you just entered electrical in 2nd year.

Some fields in electronics (and electrical):
-microelectronics (like microprocessors, VLSI)
-power electronics (motor drivers, power supplies, power generation and distribution)
-communications (overlaps with RF circuits but also includes wire-wire in addition to wireless, audio, video, radio, TV, data compression, signal transmission)
-digital electroncs (digital filters, and other stuff which overlaps with microelectronics, signal processing)
-analog electronics (filters, RF, mixes in with every other field, especially RF)
-control systems (motor control, making a system approach a desired state as fast as possible without overshooting)
-robotics (overlaps with control systems and can also overlap with analog digital, and many other fields )
- Electronic Materials & Nanotechnology (integration of semi-conductors and nanoscale sensors)

These are not strictly separate or clear-cut fields since every field overlaps with every other field.

Last edited:
thnks

sir,..thnk u 4 ur advice....i m trying in the field of robotics and have collected a lot of facts and datas....now i wud like u to advice me tht wt kind of robots will i be able to design simply n economicallly....
arpita

Heh, I'm still trying to figure that out myself. If you want to save money, follow these rules:

-avoid mechanically complex designs (electronics is cheap! mechanics is not)
-use as few motors as possible
-build 2 wheeled robots
-build robots to travel on flat ground
-build small robots
-don't build robots with tank tracks
-if you do build robots with tank tracks, they have to be small so you can use toy tank tracks, anything larger and you basically need a machine shop to make your own
-don't try and build all-terrain robots that can run outside
-if you do building something all-terrain, just use 4 wheels-motors bolted to a plate. YOu can also use the suspension system from a nitro/electric/gas radio-controlled truck. Anything beyond that will cost you lots and lots of money
-don't try and build robots that have legs
-don't try and build robots that are like snakes
-don't try and build robots that can climb stairs
-don't try and build all-terrain robots that can run in rain/snow
-don't try and build robots that can fly
-don't try and build robots that can swim/dive
-don't forget about BEAM robots which use no processors

THese are just if you want to save money...

Of course, what you end up with is a really boring robot that can only run around on flat floors. But then you have lots of time and money to make it really smart. YOu see a lot of two-wheeled robots for a reason. And most of the ones with 4-wheels don't have suspension or anything for a reason (military robots do not count).

Last edited:
microcontroller based projects r interesting but very confusing so if u handle confusion then u can go for microcontroller other wise comm. projects r simpler as compare to mc.u can also go for robots but up to bug robots or path finder but not like panarobots or target hitter robot like laksha.try to go for mobile jammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back