Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project of smartcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr_karimm

hi
i am making aproject of smartcard {whith fun card} and i have problem in supply the card with a clock as you know the card contain(at90s8515) and and must supply with oscillator to generate the clock but the card have only one pin to provid it with the clock so any one know how to do that
i wish any one can help me if one have asolution u can mail me

clock signal

Dear Friend,

I think you are confused, most micros require a crystal which requires
2 pins.

A smart card requires a clock which is generated externally, you
can do this by using a 555 timer (ASTABLE).

You need to find the maximum frequency required
THe maximum voltage swing into the Smart card

Dear Friends,

thanks for your replay ,but i use a (a16f876)pic to read frome card can i take the clock frome the (xtal2)pin of it & if i use it i conect it to the card direct or make some modivy to it ???????

amr_karimm said:
Dear Friends,

thanks for your replay ,but i use a (a16f876)pic to read frome card can i take the clock frome the (xtal2)pin of it & if i use it i conect it to the card direct or make some modivy to it ???????

It depends on the loading the card causes, you may need to add a buffer to prevent the oscillator being stopped by the extra load.

possible buffer

You could use a LM311 as a buffer

OR

you could use a TTL logic buffer.

These are possible buffers, check with nigel!!!!!

amr_karimm said:
what kind of buffer???????

A high input impedance, and a low output impedance - there are many possibilities, including a single transistor, or a logic gate. But for a start, try it without and see if it works.

thanks for all friend i will try your advises and will see and by the way any one know a site have aexamples of at90s8515 microcontroler programe write with asm for project

buffer

nigel...

if i would use a NPN transistor

with the Collector to 5Volts the Emitter to the clockin line..

and the B to the OSC2Pin..

would that work..???

TKS

when i started testing it worked...connecting it directly..

but after a while and adding some Caps to the circuit..it didn't anymore

i meassure 2volts on the incoming OSC line..

and 1,8 on the 2 line.. offcourse i dunno when it takes the measurement because it will go up and down with the freq of the crystal right??

Regards,

TKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back