project question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dksktm

hey I am making a blinking ckt. and i wanted to know if there is any way if I can vary the capacitance in the ckt. just like a pot. for the resistance..

It would be really handy and interesting..
lemme know....
thankx

Use a variable resistor instead, far easier and cheaper - variable capacitors are available, but are EXPENSIVE and only in small values (pF).

You could run several different value capacitors through a dip switch. This way you could choose a range, and fin tune with a pot. Also, caps in parallel add together, so you could get a lot of flexabiliy.

Variable capacitors aren't cheap, and usually in the picofarad range. You really won't see much change in flash rate using them for something like this.

Harvey's idea with Resistors.

HarveyH42 said:
You could run several different value capacitors through a dip switch. This way you could choose a range, and fin tune with a pot. Also, caps in parallel add together, so you could get a lot of flexabiliy.

or as resistors are much easy to find, fix a large capacity capacitor and use Harvey's idea of DIP switches to choose the Resistance, and get the variation in cominations.

salam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…