Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Projects without microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharma_atul13

hi all,

I am a new joined member of the forum and I am seeking a project for my final year B.Tech. on electronics which is not any having link with microcontroller coz I believe that there is nothing in getting a preprogrammed microcontroller and only placing it in ur circuit board. so I want to have some suggestions on the following areas of projects:

1. RF transreception
2. Tracking robots
3. PC based projects
4. Inovative ideas

Thankyou and looking forward positively to your response !!

if your ruling out uProcessors, why are you looking for pc based projects? same thing smaller scale.

sharma_atul13 said:
believe that there is nothing in getting a preprogrammed microcontroller and only placing it in ur circuit board. so I want to have some suggestions on the following areas of projects:

1. RF transreception
2. Tracking robots
3. PC based projects
4. Inovative ideas

Thankyou and looking forward positively to your response !!

Robots and PC-based projects are quite hard if not impossible to do without a uC. Aren't you leaving out the crucial aspect of programming the microcontroller? After you've tried it, perhaps you might agree it's not simple as "nothing". But if you want robots without a microcontroller, check out a type of hobby robotics called BEAM robotics. You can also build simple line following robots without microcontrollers, but if you look into BEAM robotics, it should become obvious fairly quickly how to do it. You can also try building things like radios.

You might want to rearrange your thinking and aim for a project that is not simply built around a microcontroller but rather a project that is supplemented by or controlled by a microcontroller.

An example could be a relatively simple CW transmitter - or transceiver. Use the micro as a supplemental keyer or to aid in the operation of the transceiver - possibly.

I mention this to remind you that from my point of view, micros seem to have found their way into many things - either making things happen that couldn't be done before - or that simplify the item greatly by having software replace hard wired logic.

how about a pneumatic tube system like at the drive up bank? i know of at least one manufacturer that uses only relays for logic. no solid state electronics. if your interested i could tell you the basic components of the system

I want to thank all the members who replied or responded to my thread and I express my gratitude to all of them who shared there knowledge and experience and I will surely remember whatever u told.

I think that some project in the area of Retina Identification and finger print identificationwould be an exciting one.

Plz give ur valuable idea sharing on the same and plz someone tell me about some circuit which could be built for it or some references concerning the same.

sharma_atul13 said:
I want to thank all the members who replied or responded to my thread and I express my gratitude to all of them who shared there knowledge and experience and I will surely remember whatever u told.

I think that some project in the area of Retina Identification and finger print identificationwould be an exciting one.

Plz give ur valuable idea sharing on the same and plz someone tell me about some circuit which could be built for it or some references concerning the same.
Both those projects would require a fair amout of computing power. Good luck.

sharma_atul13 said:
sir Plz don't mind but isme to sirf ek pdf hai jisme ek chota sa circuit hai but I have to make a major for my final sem
Dear Sharmajee
do you expect wmmullaney to understand the hindi you have typed ? I only wonder.....

sharma_atul13 said:
sir Plz don't mind but isme to sirf ek pdf hai jisme ek chota sa circuit hai but I have to make a major for my final sem

Sharma's statement meant,and I translate it "sir Plz don't mind but in that there is only one PDF in which there is a small circuit but I have to make a major for my final sem."

mvs sarma said:
Sharma's statement meant,and I translate it "sir Plz don't mind but in that there is only one PDF in which there is a small circuit but I have to make a major for my final sem."

Question: isn't Sharma supposed to have a clue by the time he's reached his final semester?

Well he got an idea, now thats all he needs correct? Or does he want us to send him the board, paper about it, complete robot, and some whipped cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back