Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proximity sensor devise HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimmy123

Hi all im new to electro tech and this is my first post,

im in the process of setting up a alarm system were i plan on installing a load of sensors on the ceiling around my warehouse for stock management. Each sensor would relay a signal back to a panel (if possible wirelessly).
On the panel i would like a red and green light for each sensor, when there is nothing in the way of the sensor the light would be permenantly on green and when something goes in the way of the sensor the green light will go off and the red light will switch on then as soon as the object moves out the way the green light will come back on and red off.
I thought about a obstruction sensor similar to what is installed on a garage door but i cant have a sensor on the floor due to trip hazzard so now i think a proximity sensor of some sort. i would like the sensor to only pick up things directly below it (upto 2.5 metres) and not have a spread out range such as a house alarm motion sensor as i only want it to pick up the pallet below and not the one next to it!

Do you know of any items that could make this happen?
Also any other help would be realy helpfull as i dont realy know alot about sensors or electronics for that matter either!!!

Kind regards

You may be able to use a Diffuse Reflective IR Sensor such as this. They have a maximum range of 3m.

But they are not wireless. For that you could use an industrial wireless network to connect to the sensors such as one of these.

Setting these up would likely require a professional since it would be rather difficult for a newbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back